Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Time to Celebrate

There may not be as many weddings at this time of year, but everyone still loves a party, and I have a couple of favorites right now. Late in November I had the honor of creating a cake that included the patches, wings and camouflage(circa Viet Nam) for a group of Airborne vets. A military history book of the war provided the appropriate patch and wing colors/design, a hat provided the camouflage pattern. For me it is vital I have it perfect when asked to do a military cake. There is no room for error when working with insignia.

My other favorite was just this past weekend. It was a thank you holiday party for the staff of Shriner's Hospital for Children. The idea was to make it big, bright and happy for this hardworking group, and we acheived all three! It brought back memories of my grandfather. He was a shriner and my family attended lots of Shriner Christmas parties when I was a girl. I still have the photos with me on Santas lap.
Two different parties celebrating the season.

No comments: