Saturday, May 16, 2009

Moveable Feast




Open Arms of Minnesota celebrated it's 5th annual fund raiser, Moveable Feast, at the Golden Valley Country Club on Thursday. Always a sumptuous feast for eyes and palate, I was able to both attend the gala as well as contribute. Nancy Benedict, event director, asked me if I might be interested in contributing when we chatted at TCBA's Love is a Cure in February. Of course I said yes.
Tiffany had planned a mystery table of gifts and I was asked to create 40 "gift boxes". Think cake walk with the signature Tiffany Blue and White Ribbon. 40 cakes, 7 sizes, 7 flavor combinations, 3 days, 40 pounds of fondant. There were cakes everywhere! A couple more square feet of car space would have been nice.
I grabbed a quick photo with Nancy and Kevin Winge, Executive director, but Jennifer Van Wyk, Deputy Director was elusive. Now, what can I do next year?

No comments: