Monday, August 3, 2009

Carnival, NOT Carnivale!




I admit it was a little more about me than the cake with that one. I have had a half-baked design in my head with a Venetian Carnivale theme for months. Thought I could coax it out with a birthday cake for my niece and nephew. Just because they are only going to be 7, and Carnivale is for grown ups......

Getting back on track with children... animals are big, especially monkeys. Requests have included contemporary shapes and colors as well as classic storybook characters. Since George has already made his appearance, and he needs company, the upcoming carnival cake will add some lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! Sorry, that kind of opening is hard to ignore, even paraphrased to fit my needs. The "half-baked" comment was actually accidental.

No comments: