Wednesday, January 7, 2009

12 Days Of Cake



I have had the pleasure of creating the 12 Days of Christmas in cake for Staci Matthews from KS95. The 12 Days of Christmas are the days of feasting that begin on Christmas Day and culminate on January 6, the beginning of Epiphany on the Church calendar. The practice began in the Middle Ages, changes have been made to the traditions through the centuries, but Staci and I are all about playing with cake.

Our 12 Days of Cake will be ending next week instead of today so there is still fun to be had. Everday is a different flavor of cake and buttercream. After the 4 Colly Birds(some have interpreted this as Calling Birds), I had to stop making the number of items per day so that there could be actual cake to eat and not just fondant and decorative items. This has been a fun project and I will be sad when it is over.

I have taken pictures everyday and I know that Staci has blogged and photographed her treats everyday as well. Here are day 6 and 8, all tied up with a bow.

No comments: