Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Wedding Fair


Sunday was Twin City Bridal Association's January Wedding Fair. Hundreds of vendors display their best ideas, designs and concepts. I was there with my new cupcakes and three of my more colorful cakes.

I have to thank Ryan Hanson of BeEvents for the great job he did on my booth. It wouldn't have been as gorgeous without his design. And another thank you for my cakes being included in more than one newscast.

The Wedding Fair allows me to reach a large group of brides with my new designs, but also where I can meet new vendors and reconnect with established vendors I might not have seen for a while. It is a great time to catch up and say hello.

One of those vendors is Summer Harsh. Recently of Stems and Vines, she has just launched her own floral company: Summer Harsh Botanical Artistry. She is hugely talented and will surely be successful in her new venture. Her work is amazing.
The day is busy and flies by. I appreciate the day after to put my feet up and recover a bit.

Now it's all about appointments and planning with the brides I met. An exciting time full of promise and expectation.

The 2009 season has officially started!

No comments: